Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Position

My personal position and opinions on euthanasia and physician assisted suicide are very similar to the one's of Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Just like the two Democrats, I do believe that everyone should be allowed to make their own decisions, in majority [if not all] cases. Furthermore, I am not stating that I am FOR euthanasia and physician assisted suicide [like Obama and Biden have claimed]; I am simply FOR allowing American's to have a choice on what they would like to do. I believe that the United States is deemed "land of the free" for a reason, and creating restrictions on these citizens would take away from this "freedom." Like the Democratic party, I do have a more pro-choice attitude towards acts such as abortion and euthanasia. However, I have created this position before Obama's recent statements over the Terri Schiavo case. I give John McCain credit for stating his pro-life position early on and consistently keeping a pro-life attitude throughout this campaign. While I have more similar feelings toward euthanasia with Obama/Biden, I feel McCain/Palin have created stronger positions [and reasonings] for why they are pro-life.

No comments: